You want to constantly be using your mind in new and interesting ways. When you get stuck in a routine, in a rut, your brain goes to sleep and you are literally moving through your daily routine on autopilot.
I’m a big believer in rituals, but there’s a difference between being in the flow and feeling a connection to the world around you through rituals and just being in a rut.
So what can you do today to help your mind be stimulated in a way that helps you be ageless?
Top 10 Tips to Stimulate Your Aging Brain to Help You Remain Ageless
- Watch live broadcasts on Facebook and Youtube. It’s even better if you actively participate
- Read all different types of material, not just your go to stuff
- Listen to podcasts that make you think or challenge your beliefs and opinions
- Learn a few words in a new language
- Watch documentaries
- Find a completely different type of meal to eat than you normally would, even better if you cook it yourself
- Engage in conversations with friends that stimulate your mind
- Participate in discussions on social media
- Take on a 3 day, 7 day or 30 day challenge to learn a new skill or get better at something
- Plan a trip, even if it’s a day trip
The more new neural pathways you create, the sharper your mind will be as you advance in years.