Sometimes we need to be willing to give something new a shot. A change of pace or a change of scenery is a good thing. It gives us new energy and opens up new possibilities in our brains.
This also applies to trying new foods. 😉
My favorite dessert to have at home for the last couple years has been a black bean brownie I love. (Don’t judge me.) A couple weeks ago I made a peanut butter blondie and liked it. So I made several alterations and this is now a recipe I like as much as my black bean brownies. So I decided to share my Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondie Recipe with you.
I know you may look at the fact that there are beans in this recipe and immediately say no. But I think you could be surprised if you just give it a try. Or you may just think I eat crazy things, and that’s ok too.
This recipe allows you to have dessert every day and have more protein and fiber in your diet. It goes along with The 5 Essential Keys to an Ageless Body.
Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondie Recipe
2 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
½ cup almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup gluten-free oat flour (or grind 1 c raw oats in blender)
3 TBS coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 cup (vegan) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 8″ or 9″ glass or non-stick square baking pan.
- Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips until it has the consistency of brownie batter. Use a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Mix the chocolate chips into the batter by hand.
- Pour mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges pull away from the pan a little and the top is just starting to turn brown.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes. Cut into 12 blondies.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you like them warm, pop into the toaster over for a couple minutes or microwave for 10 seconds.
Let me know if you make it and how you like it.