It’s a fact that most people put themselves last on the list of things to do. That’s especially true when it comes to those things that are vital to having a healthy ageless body, like taking detox baths. You’ll love this DIY detox bath recipe for health. Self care is an essential aspect of having an ageless lifestyle after 50.
You get the oil changed in your car, right? You take your dog to the groomer on a regular basis. Detox baths are regular maintenance for your body to get rid of all the toxins that build up through daily living. You can’t help but take in toxins from the environment you live in. Each of the essential oils recommended have different benefits to your body, so choose the one that fits for each particular bath.
Ladies, unlike a bubble bath, you don’t want to have a glass of wine in a detox bath. Drink lots of water to help flush the toxins.
According to LivingTraditionally.com toxic buildups may cause headache, fatigue and chronic disease, so it is essential to detox your body regularly.
Top Health Benefits of a Detox Bath
- Soothe Arthritis Pain
- Relieve Muscle and Joint Pain
- Reduce Stress
- Sleep Better
- Help Control Diabetes
- Lose Weight and Reduce Cellulite
- Feel and Look Young
DIY Detox Bath
- a handful of Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 10 drops essential oil
- Lavender – Calming and relaxing effect
- Grapefruit – Uplifting
- Peppermint – Relieves fatigue
- Cedarwood – Good for depression
- Chamomile and rosemary – Relieves headache
- Add all the ingredients to your hot bath.
- Relax for 15-20 minutes. Let your body sweat, detox and absorb the ingredients.
- Rinse well. Cool showers are always better.
- For optimal results drink plenty of water before and after the bath.
Photo credit: complete-health-and-happiness.com